You can choose how your event is run on the day depending on your budget and how much or little you want to be involved. Find out about remote facilitation and on-site facilitation.
Your game is run by X Marks The Spot but without a facilitator having to travel to physically be with you on the day.
An experienced staff member will co-ordinate the final set up of the game with your group, start the game, monitor its progress, communicate with teams as required, adjudicate as needed, mark answers impartially and wrap up your event by communicating the answers and results.
Event instructions and results are delivered via our mobile website. Facilitator support is available throughout.
Remote facilitation is popular with:
- Customers who want to make their budget stretch further.
- Customers who are happy to make any ancillary arrangements required in advance of the event, e.g. start/end venues, participant insurance, catering, travel etc.
- Customers who can direct participants and manage local arrangements on the day.
- Close-knit groups that would prefer not to have a ‘stranger’ present on the day.
- Multi-location events where it may not be practical or cost-effective to have facilitators on site at each location.
On site facilitation
X Marks The Spot attend to manage your event on the day.
An experienced staff member (or members, depending on the size or your event) will manage everything from start to finish, so that everything runs smoothly and everyone is engaged and having fun.
They will set up the start and end points, transport, equipment etc. as required; brief the teams; manage and monitor the game throughout; compile a fun slideshow finale of event photos and take care of answer marking and prize-giving – liaising and working with local venue staff or other suppliers regarding catering or any other arrangements you may have.
On-site facilitation is popular with:
- Larger groups, with whom direct communication tends to work better.
- Groups where English may not be everyone’s native tongue.
- Groups that would prefer to leave the arrangements in experienced hands.